A letter to our guests: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Plan of Action
We understand that at this time the information and discussions surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) through networks and streams may feel overwhelming, we truly appreciate your time and patience.
As business owners and personal service providers, we hold a social responsibility to guests, staff, and the general public to ensure we take all precautions in preventing any form of cross contamination regardless of these current events. In response to the current crisis, we have added extra precautionary measures to our already high standard for hygiene & infection control at our facility.
We would like to take this opportunity to highlight points in our standard practices for proper hygiene & infection control at Dérmica. We established these guidelines in order to prevent the spread of harmful infections such as viruses. We will also be adapting to the current situation by incorporating added precautionary measures.
Our standard Spa Policy includes:
• Facility is cleaned daily and between guests with the use of professional- grade disinfectants and cleaning agents recommended and approved by Alberta Health Standards.
• Technicians wash and sanitize hands between clients and throughout the day.
• Technicians wear medical grade gloves for ALL services provided at Dérmica.
• Appropriate and industry standard levels of infection control are implemented at all times in regard to tools, surfaces, and facility maintenance.
• Facility and service protocols meet Alberta’s Personal Service Regulations and has cleared a thorough inspection by an authorized Environmental Public Health official.
• We do not request cancelation fees from our guests. 24-hour notice is appreciated.
• Outdoor footwear is removed prior to entry into the facility and clean sandals are provided and sanitized after use.
COVID-19 Precautionary changes and additions to Spa Policy:
• If you have traveled abroad within 14 days of your booking, you are asked to reschedule.
• If you are showing any flu-like symptoms you are asked to reschedule until all symptoms and concerns have been addressed.
• Should you choose to attend appointments and you belong to a vulnerable population such as diabetics, seniors, and other immunosuppressed individuals, your service selection may be limited. We ask that you follow guidelines and instruction provided by your healthcare provider during this period. These extra precautions are to protect your health.
• Hand cleanser will be available upon arrival and prior to using transaction device.
• Clients are asked to keep their phones tucked away prior to entering the treatment area and while in-service.
• Your service provider will wear a protective mask regardless of the service provided.
• Your selection of technician may be limited in the event of illness and we therefore ask that you open your selection to other available providers if necessary.
• We ask that you do not bring extra guests into the facility unless they are also receiving a service.
If you have any further questions or need some skin/beauty tips for at-home maintenance, will be open to taking your beauty calls and emails. Go to dermica.ca for updates, shop for your favorite Glo Skin Beauty products, or scroll through our beauty blog.
Did you know?
Inspection reports for Alberta salons and spas can be accessed by the public upon request through the AHS Environmental Public Health office.
Wishing you all peace, love, great skin, and good health!
Management – Dérmica MedEsthetics