Dermaplaning Eligibility Criteria and Pre-Treatment.
In dermaplaning, the technician gently grazes a medical-grade scalpel edge over the surface of the skin. This process delivers a fine shave that removes the surface layer, for example, dull skin and vellus facial hair.
The process brightens the complexion and evens skin tone. Above all, it leaves the skin feeling supple and smooth.
PLEASE REVIEW THE CRITERIA BEFORE BOOKING YOUR SERVICE.
Recommended sessions: Results are often immediate. 4-6 weeks recommended for regular maintenance.
Recommendations: Pair your dermaplaning treatment with a BOOST Mild Peel to amplify results. The AHA boost relieves dry skin, reduces fines lines and pigmentation. On the other hand, the BHA boost cleanses and decongests oily skin.
- You must not currently be on or have used any oral prescription acne medications, for example, Accutane, in the past 12 months.
- Discontinue using products containing AHA/BHA/Retin A/Vitamin A on the area being treated 24 hours prior to procedure.
- Avoid waxing and shaving for at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
Downtime required: 24 hours. Certain makeup can be applied after 12 hours, for instance, mineral makeup or tinted moisturizer. Similarly, avoid direct sun exposure for 48 hours.
Time frame: 45-75 minutes. To clarify, shorter time frames correspond to half face treatments.
- Skin cancer (remission under 2 years)
- Recent sunburn (1 week post burn)
- Active infection of Herpes Simplex in treatment area
- Active skin infection
Potential side effects:
- Mild sensitivity
- Edema (swelling)
- Erythema (redness)
READ MORE ABOUT DERMAPLANE
PROFESSIONAL SKINCARE AT HOME
Professional treatments should go hand in hand with clinical grade skincare products. In addition to maximizing your treatment, they help maintain results. This is why we offer 15% OFF all Glo Skin Beauty products in-store with any skincare treatment.
Love, Peace, and Great Skin!
(780) 885 7108