Contraindications for Microblading
Q: What are the contraindications for the microblading procedure?
A: Microblading, like all other forms of tattooing, has risks associated with the procedure that though uncommon- such as the transmission of blood borne pathogenic organisms or reactions to pigment ingredients- must be reviewed.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THROUGH THE FOLLOWING CONTRAINDICATIONS TO ENSURE YOU MEET CRITERIA.
- CANCER – Cannot treat while undergoing medical treatment and must be in complete remission. Consult with physician prior to booking; approval is required.
- DIABETES – Must be controlled for a minimum of 1 year before procedure. Anticoagulant and other medications may interfere. Consult with physician prior to booking; approval is required.
- BLOOD CLOTTING ABNORMALITIES – Consult with physician prior to booking; approval is required.
- KELOID SCARRING – cannot have procedure due to increased risk of developing scar tissue.
- HERPES – cannot have active breakouts during time of procedure. Prescribed medication must be taken for 3 days prior to procedure to reduce risk of infection. Consult with physician.
- SKIN DISEASE or DISORDER – must be cleared of infection prior to procedure. Consult physician.
- PSORIASIS or ECZEMA –Brow and forehead region must be clear.
- ACNE – Brow and forehead region must be clear of breakouts. If taking prescribed topical or oral acne medication, consult with physician prior to booking.
- SUNBURN – Wait 2 weeks after occurrence.
- SENSITIVITY or ALLERGY to ANAESTHETIC – Topical anaesthetic is used to numb the area during the procedure. Procedure can be performed with the exclusion of anaesthetic. Consult with physician regarding alternatives for pain relief.
- Acetylsalicylic Acid (ASA) medications. Example: Asprin™
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners)
- Retinol (2% or higher) – Avoid usage for 3 days prior to appointment. If prescribed, consult with physician
- Acne medication (topical/oral) – Consult with physician
Contraindications- RECENT PROCEDURES:
- BOTOX and dermal fillers (brow/forehead/eye area) – must wait 2 weeks following injection date.
- Skin peels – Skin must be completely recovered prior to procedure date (approx. 2 weeks) following skin treatment date.
- IPL or LASER treatments – Skin must be completely recovered (approx. 2 weeks) following skin treatment date.
- Tanning – Allow skin 3 days to recover following your tanning session.
- Waxing – Allow skin 3 days to recover following your waxing session.
Meet the criteria? Book your Microblading with Dérmica!
Love, Peace, and Great Skin!
(780) 885 7108
Tags: 3D brows, alberta, best brows edmonton, brow etching, brow feathering, brow tattoo, calgary, canada, contraindications, edmonton, eyebrow embroidery, microblading, old strath, red deer, whyte ave, yeg