Cucumber Tips and Tricks – A MUST READ!
Cucumber Tips and Tricks: Shared by Dérmica Spa on Whyte
- Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
For a pick me up in the afternoon… Put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours. Slice some and put in your water bottle.
- If you rub a cucumber slice along your bathroom mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
- Place a few slices of cucumber in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
- Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemical in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
- Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!
- Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries by European trappers, traders and explorers for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
- Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don’t have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
- Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
- Stressed out and don’t have time for massage? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react with the boiling water and released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown to reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
- Just finish a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the photochemical will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
- Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but it won’t leave streaks and won’t harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
Add cucumber to your skincare regimen!Try Glo’s Soothing Gel Mask!
Soothes, hydrates and tones while relieving puffiness and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
RECOMMENDED SKIN TYPES:
- Normal Combination
Cucumber is known for its anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. This ingredient has high water content, amino acids, proteins, lipids and Vitamin C. Cucumber relieves irritation, puffiness and dehydration. The silica content helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
Indian Senna Polypeptide provides an anti-inflammatory and calming effect. Helps reverse degenerative skin aging through stimulation of collagen and elastin synthesis.
Moringa Pterygosperma (Moringa) Seed Extract contains high levels of beta carotene, iron, potassium and Vitamin C. It acts as an antioxidant, diminishing the signs of aging by increasing collagen synthesis, and brightens the skin, helping to even out hyperpigmented areas. The beta carotene converts to Vitamin A which is recognized for reducing DNA damage to skin cells.
Love, Peace, and Great Skin!
(780) 885 7108
Jhoenna has taken her 10 years of experience in the beauty industry and known expertise to developed the Dérmica line of results driven esthetic treatments that are sure to surpass your expectations!