What is a vascular lesion and where do they come from?
Vascular lesions are due to conditions such as Rosacea, couperose skin, sensitized skin, or simply genetics. Frequent, consistent redness and broken capillaries are typical characteristics present of these types of conditions.
Vascular lesions are most commonly found in the facial and neck area. If left untreated these conditions can worsen, or mutate the skin’s texture.
Vascular Lesion Treatment
We treat these conditions with phototherapy. Photofacials emit light energy into the skin. The light beam destroys specified targets without damaging the surrounding tissue. After that, the blood coagulates and the vessels break into tiny particles that are naturally filtered away through the body’s lymphatic system.
The ALIVIA photofacial will diminish redness and dissolve broken capillaries on areas of the face, neck, chest, arms, and hands.
We use Sharplight’s Formax-VP System. Their DPC technology makes your treatments safe and effective in less time. Above all, you can rest assured that your treatment is performed by a qualified technician with your comfort in mind.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA BEFORE BOOKING ONLINE.
- Must not currently be on or have used Accutane or any other oral prescription acne medications in the past 12 months
- If currently using any products containing AHA/BHA/Retin A/Vitamin A on the area being treated, you must discontinue usage 2 weeks prior to procedure
- Must wait a minimum of 4 weeks (or up to 6 weeks for darker skin types) from last tanning (artificial or natural) session
- If currently on any prescription medications, check with your physician regarding possible photosensitivity
Time frame: 45 minutes
Recommended sessions: 4-6
- Disorders stimulated by light
- Cancer (remission under 2 years)
- Use of photosensitive medication and herbs
- Active infection of Herpes Simplex in treatment area
- Use of anticoagulants
Potential side effects:
- Fragile skin
- Edema (swelling)
- Erythema (redness)
Downtime required: 24 hrs
Other literature on redness and broken capillaries…
Pairing your treatments with professional products will maximize results.
Save 15% in-store Glo Skin Beauty products.
Try our Home Care Selection Guide to choose the right products to target your skin type and concerns. Similarly, you can submit questions via email. In conclusion, professional skincare products will help you reach your skin goals sooner.
Not sure if this is the right treatment for you?
Try our Treatment Selection Guide. It is easy to use and designed to help you select the best option for your skin goals. In addition, you can email any questions to our Ask Dermica feature. For specific concerns, we recommend attaching pictures to provide a visible aide. As a result, our professionals will be able to better determine a treatment for you.
Book your vascular lesion treatment!Schedule Appointment
Love, Peace, and Great Skin!
(780) 885 7108