About IPL…VIEW DERMICA’S LITERATURE ON THE TOPIC:
What is the difference between IPL and LASER Hair Removal?
Am I a good candidate for IPL Hair Removal?
FAQs including possible IPL Hair Removal side effects
The Sharplight Formax – Dérmica’s chosen technology
VIDEO: Dérmica IPL Hair Removal
VIDEO: Dérmica IPL Treatments
VIDEO: The Dérmica Difference
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA BEFORE BOOKING ONLINE.
PLEASE ARRIVE TO YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH AREA SHAVED FLUSH TO SKIN.
Time frame: Dependent on size of area being treated.
Recommended sessions: 8-12
Downtime required: 24 hrs
- Must not currently be on or have used Accutane or any other oral prescription acne medications in the past 12 months
- If currently using any products containing AHA/BHA/Retin A/Vitamin A on the area being treated, you must discontinue usage 2 weeks prior to procedure
- Must wait a minimum of 4 weeks (or up to 6 weeks for darker skin types) from last tanning (artificial or natural) AND/OR waxing session
- If currently on any prescription medications, check with your physician regarding possible photosensitivity
- Disorders stimulated by light
- Cancer (remission under 2 years)
- Use of photosensitive medication and herbs
- Active infection of Herpes Simplex in treatment area
- Use of anticoagulants
Potential side effects:
- Fragile skin
- Edema (swelling)
- Erythema (redness)
The Brazilian leaves only a small strip down the centre. It will give you the same flexibility with shape and coverage that the French offers, but also clears any unwanted strays from the backside leaving you confident from any angle.
The Hollywood will clear all existing hair from front to bunny tail leaving you G-string ready all around. Many spas will refer to this technique as a Brazilian, so make sure to clarify with your laser technician.
The French removes most of the hair from the front, removal from underside, and excludes the backside. The flattering little v-patch will bring the hairline down 2-3 inches from the bikini line, and give you most coverage at the top and taper neatly into the back.