We understand that at this time the information and discussions surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) through networks and streams may feel overwhelming, we truly appreciate your time and patience.
As business owners and personal service providers, we hold a social responsibility to guests, staff, and the general public to ensure we take all precautions in preventing any form of cross contamination regardless of these current events. In response to the current crisis, we have added extra precautionary measures to our already high standard for hygiene & infection control at our facility.
We would like to take this opportunity to highlight points in our standard practices for proper hygiene & infection control at Dérmica. We established these guidelines in order to prevent the spread of harmful infections such as viruses. We will also be adapting to the current situation by incorporating added precautionary measures.
Our standard Spa Policy includes:
• Facility is cleaned daily and between guests with the use of professional- grade disinfectants and cleaning agents recommended and approved by Alberta Health Standards.
• Technicians wash and sanitize hands between clients and throughout the day.
• Technicians wear medical grade gloves for ALL services provided at Dérmica.
• Appropriate and industry standard levels of infection control are implemented at all times in regard to tools, surfaces, and facility maintenance.
• Facility and service protocols meet Alberta’s Personal Service Regulations and has cleared a thorough inspection by an authorized Environmental Public Health official.
• We do not request cancelation fees from our guests. 24-hour notice is appreciated.
• Outdoor footwear is removed prior to entry into the facility and clean sandals are provided and sanitized after use.
COVID-19Precautionary changes and additions to Spa Policy:
• If you have traveled abroad within 14 days of your booking, you are asked to reschedule.
• If you are showing any flu-like symptoms you are asked to reschedule until all symptoms and concerns have been addressed.
• Should you choose to attend appointments and you belong to a vulnerable population such as diabetics, seniors, and other immunosuppressed individuals, your service selection may be limited. We ask that you follow guidelines and instruction provided by your healthcare provider during this period. These extra precautions are to protect your health.
• Hand cleanser will be available upon arrival and prior to using transaction device.
• Clients are asked to keep their phones tucked away prior to entering the treatment area and while in-service.
• Your service provider will wear a protective mask regardless of the service provided.
• Your selection of technician may be limited in the event of illness and we therefore ask that you open your selection to other available providers if necessary.
• We ask that you do not bring extra guests into the facility unless they are also receiving a service.
If you have any further questions or need some skin/beauty tips for at-home maintenance, will be open to taking your beauty calls and emails. Go to dermica.ca for updates, shop for your favorite Glo Skin Beauty products, or scroll through our beauty blog.
Did you know?
Inspection reports for Alberta salons and spas can be accessed by the public upon request through the AHS Environmental Public Health office.
Wishing you all peace, love, great skin, and good health!
Enter for your chance to win a Lash and Brow spa package 🎁 during the Skirtsafire festival in Old Strathcona.
The raffle draw will take place on March 11, 2020.
Your Lash & Brow SPA PACKAGE features top picks for defining the eyes and brow line. No need for an eyelash curler or browliner for weeks ahead!
You package includes:
👉browSCULPT -Defines with a combination of brow wax & custom tint. (Reg. $29)
👉lashLIFT- Lifts, curls and sets your lashes with a gentle perming process. (Reg. $85)
Terms and Conditions:
Winners will be be contacted on information provided on ballot. Winners will have 30 days from date of contact to claim the prize. Winners will be posted on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). Before and After pictures may be shared online.
Chemical peels are great for skin rejuvenation because they accelerate the cell turnover rate by chemically penetrating beneath the surface of the skin to dissolve away dead skin cells. If you are treating a concern, such as sun damage, fine lines, or hyperpigmentation, we recommend 4-8 sessions.
Photofacials use Intense Pulse Light (IPL) technology to diminish brown spots, redness, broken capillaries, fine lines and other textural damage. We recommend 4-6 treatments when treating the above skin concerns.
PROFESSIONAL SKINCARE AT HOME
Professional treatments should go hand in hand with clinical grade skincare products that will help to maximize results. This is why we offer 15% OFF all Glo Skin Beauty products in-store with any of the treatments above.
We are an authorized retailer for Glo Skin Beauty located Edmonton, Alberta, in the heart of Old Strathcona, on Whyte Ave and 105 Street.
Glo utilizes innovative research and technology to create formulas with concentrated active ingredients to clinically transform the skin.
Best of all, Glo is a cruelty-free brand and vows to never test products on animals, allow others to test on animals on their behalf, use raw ingredients tested on animals, or even enter into business markets that require animal testing.
Glo Skin Beauty formulas are paraben-free and safe for the most sensitive of skin types.
Achieve your skin goals by pairing your skincare with dérmica treatments.
Try our Treatment Selection Guide. Our easy-to-use, digital guide makes selecting the correct treatment for your skin type and concerns a breeze! Our Skin questionnaire allows us to understand your skin type and concerns. Based on your answers, we recommend treatments to address your skin concerns and help you make informed decisions.
Brow Lamination gives you that “fluffy” look for full, thicker brows.
It is a simple procedure and is generally done in 1 hour. On average this service lasts 4-6 weeks.
Observe the following tips for maximum results:
do not wear brow makeup the day of your appointment
do not wet your brows 48 hours post-service
brush brows after washing your face
Unlike microblading, brow lamination works solely with your existing brow hair.
For many people, this may be the solution they need. The process involves securing the hair in an upward stroke pattern, then setting them into place with a gentle brow perming solution. Once complete, the brows appear fuller, bolder, and the strands remain in position.