IPL/Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Are you longing for solution to unwanted facial and body hair? Phototherapy is a popular choice, for example, IPL and laser hair removal treatment.
IPL or LASER technology?
The IPL and Laser equipment deliver their results by emitting a specific range of light energy towards a specific target in the skin. Most importantly, both treatments are safe and effective in permanently reducing unwanted hair.
IPL Hair Removal
Our IPL Hair Removal treatment will deliver permanent results on any area of face and body, including male facial hair. Above all, razor burn, ingrown hairs, and embarrassing stubble will be a thing of the past!
Your safety is our first concern, therefore, please review the following criteria before booking online.
- Must not currently be on or have used Accutane or any other oral prescription acne medications in the past 12 months
- Discontinue usage any products containing AHA/BHA/Retin A/Vitamin A on the area being treated 2 weeks prior to procedure
- Wait a minimum of 4 weeks (or up to 6 weeks for darker skin types) from last tanning (artificial or natural) AND/OR waxing session
- If currently on any prescription medications, check with your physician regarding possible photosensitivity
- Disorders stimulated by light
- Cancer (remission under 2 years)
- Use of photosensitive medication and herbs
- Active infection of Herpes Simplex in treatment area
- Use of anticoagulants
If any, potential side effects can include discomfort and fragile skin. Visible effects, for instance, edema (swelling) and erythema (redness), can last up to 24 hours.
Your technician will conclude the session by providing Post Care instructions. After that, you can expect your hair to shed approximately 2 weeks post-treatment. Subsequently, we recommend rebooking every 4-8 weeks.
Treatment course length
Body areas require longer rebooking timeframes than facial areas. Therefore, depending on the area being treated, your treatment course could last up to 2 years. That is to say, a successful IPL treatment course requires commitment.
Phototherapy treatments “zap” live hair follicles while waxing removes them from the bulb. As a result, waxing counteracts IPL and laser treatments. Consequently, shaving is the only method of hair removal in between sessions.
Additionally, exfoliating twice per week will help prevent ingrown hairs.
Please shave the morning of your appointment. Furthermore, area should be shaved flush to the skin for best results.
View Dérmica’s literature on IPL…
Book your IPL Hair Removal Treatment!Schedule Appointment
Love, Peace, and Great Skin!
(780) 885 7108